Sunday, November 8, 2009

Mod Podge Blocks


Here is an EASY project I did with my mom and sisters one day. You can be totally creative with this prodject! Make the blocks say anything you want and use paper to match the decor you already have.
DIRECTIONS:
  • Decide what you want you blocks to say. I chose "HOME". You can make them for any occassion! Say "BELIEVE" or "SANTA" for Christmas, or "BOO" or "SPOOKY" for Halloween. The possibilities are endless!
  • Take a board of any width (depends on how big you want your blocks) and saw into blocks, making as many blocks as letters in your word of choice. I made my blocks so they were different heights and widths. Sand edges and corners
  • Cut scrapbook paper of choice to size of blocks.
  • Using a Cricut machine (which is what I used), stencils, or just scissors, cut out your letters from black scrapbook paper.
  • Using Mod Podge, glue paper to blocks. LET DRY.
  • Using Mod Podge, paste letters on blocks over dryed Mod Podged scrapbook paper.
  • Finish with buttons, staining edges, etc. if wanted!
  • PUT ON DISPLAY and ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. so cute. I actually have some modge podge. I should totally do this project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so cute and I really want to make some...just as soon as I find somewhere I can display the finished product!

    ReplyDelete