Thursday, September 23, 2010

Halloween Cards.

Is there anything more fun than getting a CUTE invite to a Halloween party in the mail?

Here are two fun ideas for Halloween cards that I thought I would try:  A mummy and a witch!


For the mummy I made a simple template and cut the base of my card out of that (on the fold).  I cut 1 1/2" strips for the bandages and inked the edges to give it dimension.  For the eyes I cut purple, white, and black circles, 2", 1 1/2", and 1".    Layer your bandages over the eyes and finish as desired! 

For the witch I just sketched a quick pattern for the skirt, legs, and shoes.  On the skirt the fold is at the top.  Attatch the legs with brads so they dangle.  Embelish as desired.  I just kept it simple with a belt, buckles on the shoes, and a ruffle on the skirt.  You could make it really darling with ribbon and glitter and even one of those little plastic spiders :)

Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Those are such cute cards. I just might have to try and make some myself. Hope you guys are doing good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got our card in the mail and it was so darling! I should make some for the ladies I visit teach and take them a spooky treat with a cute card! You are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any chance you could post your templates?

    ReplyDelete