Thursday, September 23, 2010

Pumpkin Place Mats!


The fall always makes me want to be CRAFTY!!!   I finally finished a project that I think has been 5 years in the making...not becuase it was hard, just because sometimes I'm a procrastinater when it comes to certain projects and they sit there forever!  But this one finally got done and they turned out darling!!

I picked out orange fabric for the base, black for the eyes, nose, and mouth, and green for the leaves. 

Cut a pumpkin oval shape out of the base orange fabric

I cut out my shapes for leaves and the pumkin's face (just be creative with it!) and appliqued them on with the sewing machine (spray adeshive them on first and they will stay where you want them).  

Layer with warm and natural and backing fabric (I used just black on the back).

Quilt as desired.  I quilted them so that the lines look like pumpkin grooves. 

Bind with desired binding!!!

Pretty easy for a cute placemat or even wall hanging!  I made 8 for placemats.  FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment